Nominate Someone for the DEI Champion award!
The DEI Champions Award honors professionals who are passionate about creating an impact in the field of diversity and inclusion. Diversity champions continue to put DiversityFIRST through visionary leadership and commitment to fostering change for ages to come. Nominees should be leading advocates for cultural competency and awareness in medicine, as it pertains to an inclusive community.
DEI Champion meets the following criteria:
- Demonstrated dedication and continuing commitment to advocating for diversity, equity and inclusion in their workplace.
- Fostered positive communication and actively promoted inter-group relations among persons of different races, ages, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, religious backgrounds, or physical and mental abilities.
- Participates in a variety of corporate and community events that promotes mutual respect, acceptance, cooperation or tolerance: any level of involvement in community events, projects, efforts or organizations that promote or celebrate tolerance and contribute to diversity awareness in the community and workplace.
- The ability to value and respect diverse points of view and varied ways to approach issues and topics.
- Leads others by his/her actions while advocating for change