August 23, 2023
The entire world continues to become more diverse, and that includes employees, customers and clients across the profit, non-profit and government sectors. In today’s climate, all professionals need to understand the basics of diversity, equity and inclusion. DEI is about much more than simple compliance; to succeed in today’s world in any aspect of business or services, enterprises must leverage diversity for strategic advantage and have DEI integrated into all aspects of their operations.
- The basic definitions of diversity, equity and inclusion; including the evolution of the diversity field and theories of diversity.
- A deep dive into the many dimensions of diversity.
- The compelling business case of diversity, equity and inclusion, including how to calculate a financial business case.
- Why and how DEI must be part of any organization’s core strategy.
- An introduction on the various organizational processes that DEI can impact.
- An introduction on how to build DEI into your organizational culture.
Emerging Leaders Certificate
The C-suite has never been closer and within reach. Labor statistics indicate within less than a decade the majority of executive leadership positions will be vacant as senior leaders retire or exit the workforce, creating new and exciting leadership opportunities for emerging leaders. The question is, as an emerging leader, will you be prepared for these opportunities when they arise? More importantly, will you have the requisite skills and savvy to successfully make the transition to executive levels of leadership? This certificate is designed to help prepare you, as an emerging leader, for a successful career in leadership positions. This session, will prepare you to:
- Understand effective approaches to leading in different organization contexts
- Understand and leverage your leadership design in challenging leadership situations
- Read organizational culture and create an organizational culture that values diversity, equity and inclusion
- Successfully navigate organizational culture and transcend negative, organizational politics
- Identify and develop your leadership values for decision-making and judgment—one of the most critical competencies for executive level leadership
Implicit Bias Certificate
Implicit Bias is a pervasive phenomenon that greatly impacts our personal lives and the workings of all organizations. Implicit bias refers to the attitudes of stereotypes that affect our understanding, actions and decisions in an unconscious manner. And even though it is often hard to admit or see that everyone has unconscious bias, it can easily impact and even derail the best intentions of fostering inclusion within an organization. This session includes:
- Understanding the concepts of implicit bias and its relationship to stereotyping, micro-inequities and “the isms.”
- Understanding the impact that implicit bias and its relatives can have in personal as well as organizational dynamics.
- Having the tools and processes to address and mitigate unconscious bias in your personal life as well as in your organization
- Leaving with helpful ideas and next steps to take and commit to action.
Inclusive Leadership Certificate
The demographics of the USA continue to rapidly change, and in two decades we will be a “Majority Minority” country. In addition, the internet economy enables organizations to have employees, suppliers and customers anywhere in the world. As the employee base, management teams and even executive leadership becomes more diverse, the most successful leaders will need to practice inclusive leadership. Today more than ever, we need business leaders who assert their commitment to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and the community. This session will include:
- The business case for inclusive leadership – why is it critical in today’s rapidly changing world.
- The growing areas of diversity that leaders need to understand – gender and gender identity, race, generational, cultural, sexual orientation, people with disabilities, cognitive and more
- A deep look at the characteristics of an inclusive leader.
- How inclusive leaders be allies and mentors to diverse communities.
- How to personally become a more inclusive leader and how to promote inclusive leadership across your organization.